Funny Quotes/Observations from High School Musical 1, 2, and 3

I started this list last fall, when I watched High School Musical (HSM) and HSM 2. Then I recently watched HSM again with my parents, which was funny, because my dad watched it with me originally, probably in 2008. Here are some quotes and funny observations, in no particular order. I tried to list the references as appropriate.

HSM 2: "Did you ever get on a ride and wanna get off?"- Bet On It
This happens to me often when I ride rollercoasters, but I wouldn't put it in a song.
HSM 2: How did Sharpay's parents get so rich? This isn't addressed. Normally people who own country clubs work at them as well, and the Evans family hangs out like it's a second house.
HSM 2: "No more waking up at 6 a.m." - What Time Is It
If I woke up at 6 for high school on a day with no club meetings, I would be very early. My high school started at 7:35.
HSM 2: Chad and Ryan switching clothes after the I Don't Dance sequence. No one addresses this. The fans have a popular theory that I won't mention here. Google it if you are curious.
HSM 2: "Get your Tiki Hawaiian costume on and let's hit the stage, brother!" -Sharpay to Ryan
I'm not sure about the actual quote, but it's still funny.

HSM: Kelsi's tripping as she tries to leave the auditorium and throwing her music everywhere. After this, she meets Troy and Gabriella. This is an exaggerated action for sure.
HSM: "Evaporate, tall person!" - Sharpay to Zeke
What an insult.
HSM: "Do you know something about this, small person?" - Chad to Kelsi
This sentence is odd.

HSM 3: "This tux is too baggy-- too tight. It makes me look weird." - Jason and Troy, A Night to Remember
The dance moves during this part of the song make me laugh, too.

What funny moments stick out to you from these movies? Comment below or on Twitter.

I'm currently reading Love Idol by Jennifer Dukes Lee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

New RomComs Review