Review of Riverdale's "Men of Honor"

The following section contains spoilers.

Season 4 Episode 12
I haven't been as compelled lately to review Riverdale episodes. But this one was interesting, and I think it sets up a lot for Episode 13 and even further this season.
Is Brett a killer? I think he could be, but I'm pleased that he may not be Jughead's villain. I think that Brett is obviously obnoxious, which would make him a boring antagonist. It is fun to see Cole's angry side. It reminded me of his role as Cody Martin for some reason. I'm usually able to separate him from that role since it's been so long, but not this time.
I thought it was ridiculous that they were fist fighting in a school, as an approved activity.
I was impressed that Jughead won the fistfight. I thought it was fun that they played chess, and that  Betty and Jughead practiced in an offhand way.
Every new adult character is murderous. I don't trust them. That random assassin scared me!
Jughead gives up the chess match because Brett needs to win for his ego. Jughead claims that he doesn't want to be a Stonewall man. I think he gets too much from being a student there, and he won't give it up. Maybe he doesn't want to be remembered for some reason?
Is Donna the real mastermind behind the chaos at Stonewall Prep? I think she would make a better villain, though I am disturbed that the episode implies she lied twice about a teacher assaulting her. Viewers know these kids aren't innocent, but that's a real situation that should not be used lightly.
Late in the episode, Hermione Lodge tells Veronica that her father has a fast-developing muscle disease. If they kill off Hiram without warning, I will not be happy. His relationship with Veronica and his role as a villain are intriguing, and I want to see more character development for him.

Watch the promo for Season 4 Episode 13 online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

New RomComs Review