Pop Culture Bits: Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers, Louis Tomlinson, Justin Bieber

It's been a few weeks, yet the media industry still turns. Here are some bits that stood out to me.

Taylor Swift feat. Brendan Urie, "Me"- It's her first single in a year. This is the new, shiny pop version of Taylor. I somewhat miss the harsh sound of reputation, but she may bring that on future singles, who knows? Brendan was a nice addition to this song. I'd seen people praise his voice online a lot, but I'm not familiar with him. What a great introduction.

The Jonas Brothers album, "Pure Happiness"- It's out on June 7! They've been performing all over the place, from the Billboard Music Awards to SNL. And they're going on tour! I won't be there, but they've already sold out one leg so far, and tickets for a second North American leg are on sale. I also didn't think I'd be able to buy Jonas Bros merch in 2019, but here we are.

Louis Tomlinson, "Two of Us"- I'm a proud Directioner this week. Louis has a new video out for this song, which is about his mother's passing. I think it's his strongest single as a solo artist. The lyrics are touching and inspirational.

Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber, "I Don't Care"- This song and video were released a week and a day ago, respectively. I'll admit it, I listened to this a lot when it was first online. It feels good to hear Justin's voice on a song again. This isn't the most lyrically intricate song for either of them, but it will get stuck in your head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

Singleness and Women's Ministry