Hype: Upcoming 2019 Movies

Happy New Year! This week, I'm sharing movies that come out this year and what excites me about them. Disclaimer: I'm only using movies that have had a trailer released. Some upcoming films (like the next Spider-Man) I am looking forward to; however, they have no trailers online. In order of release date . . .

Five Feet Apart (March 29): Everyone is most likely going to compare this romantic drama to previous films like The Fault in Our Stars, but one part that makes this story unique is the characters have cystic fibrosis. I don't know anything about this condition, which means I'll get to learn about it while enjoying the story. Also, it is Cole Sprouse's first theatrical release in years, which makes fans eager to see it.

Avengers: Endgame (April 26): Oh, boy. The Avengers characters made me a Marvel fan. Side note: I'm honestly okay with the removal of Cap's beard for this one. He looks more classic that way.
The way that the actors have become close friends over time gives them an endearing quality. The trailer was quite stressful to watch. I forget how Tony Stark ended up in that space capsule. I'm glad that Scott Lang brought some humor to the trailer. Everyone is wondering how he got out of the alternate dimension. Who knows if there will be enough time in the movie for them to explain it? I'm not prepared for possible deaths, just like I wasn't prepared for Infinity War. But I've followed the story this far, so I can't stop.

Aladdin (May 24): *theme to "Friend Like Me" starts playing* Where do I start? First of all, it seems that the writers will be expanding the plot as they've done previously in live-action versions. They are adding new characters and possibly new songs. Will Smith is playing the genie! An important part to remember about the genie is that much of Robin Williams' dialogue in the animated film was improvised. This means that writers may change much of the genie's dialogue to reflect Will's temperament (and avoid comparisons between him and Robin Williams). Do you think that he will rap "Friend Like Me"?

The Lion King (July 19): The most recent trailer for this was basically a frame-by-frame match of the "Circle of Life" scene. It will be fun to see real animals onscreen. However, people may be traumatized by Mufasa's death all over again. I'm glad that James Earl Jones is reprising his role as Mufasa. Hearing "Remember who you are" in someone else's voice would have been strange. Disney is heavily advertising the cast of this movie. I hope it is more than a copy of the original.


I'm currently reading: The Year the Music Changed by Diane Thomas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

New RomComs Review