To My Friend in a Bikini

This is a response to a friend's post of a diagram by The Flawless Project that encourages men and women to say nothing about a woman's bikini.
Silence is not love. If you love people, you approach them because you care. Sure, you look great in a bikini. Does that mean it's appropriate for you to tell me to shut up if I don't agree with your wearing it? No.
Encourage conversation. Yes, modesty feels old and out of place in today's society. It's more popular to ignore it. Do you want to talk about it constantly? No. Do I want to approach you about it? No. Unfortunately, clothing is a part of our lives. Some people care deeply about their everyday appearances. Shutting up is not the answer. Conversation may seem like it's getting us nowhere, but it's better than silence.
I could type pages and pages about the workings of a man's brain, but, instead, I'll give you some resources. For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn and For Young Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn and Lisa A. Rice are based on research and facts. I've read the latter, and it was eye-opening for me. I haven't read the companion studies (For Men Only) by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn, so I will not suggest them.
Should I "call you out" for wearing a bikini? No. But can we at least talk about it before you go out to the beach?
Thanks for reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

New RomComs Review