Tribute to Danny and Patty

I have chosen a difficult task for this post: to sum up my grandparents, Danny and Patty Danielson. We'll see how this goes.
My grandfather was one of the most efficient and kind-hearted people that I've ever known. He was what some might call a master negotiator for most of his life, but I'm going to focus on the aspects of him that I enjoyed the most as a grandchild.
He made an effort to get to know everyone in the room; of course, without relationships, you have no basis for a deal. He would ask us about topics that he knew we would be interested in or that affected our lives in some way. If it wasn't politics, it was religion mixed with school or current issues of the day. His prayers before meals were legendary, any Danielson grandchild will tell you that. They lasted for a long time but always said so much. My grandfather passed away in his mid-90s, so we as grandchildren have great tales from his later years. He was prone to mispronouncing sports figures' names, such as "Timbo" for Tim Tebow. We never corrected him. He also considered everyone from Governor Mike Pence to the county sheriff as "close, personal friends," even if he wasn't extremely close to some of them.
My grandmother struggled with macular degeneration for most of her later years, and whenever we went out to eat, my grandfather (who wore hearing aids) would loudly announce to the waiter that "she can't see." She was quite annoyed by this and would mutter under her breath that everyone on the island for vacation knew by now. My grandma did her best to keep up with whatever we were doing and always could recall names fairly quickly if my grandpa couldn't remember them. She loved to see her great-grandchildren playing together.
My siblings, cousins, and I saw their relationship at its highs and lows. They loved each other until the end, and it was quite evident that my grandpa missed her as he spent the last few years of his life as a single man. I am excited to see their heavenly forms one day.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

New RomComs Review