Confessions of an Internet Addict

Hey, guys. I know that this is not a marvelous or happy thing; however, a serious issue is present in our society and in my life today, and it needs to be discussed.  How do I know this?  Because I live with it.  I have an Internet addiction.  You may laugh and say, "everyone today does." We are constantly on iPhones or Androids and not with people.  If this is you, you need help.  If the second you are alone in your room, you are on your phone, then, you have an addiction.  How to suppress or cure it?  Well, as a professor at my college told us, you can control it.  You think that you cannot, but you can.
Some would say, well, just because I am alone on a device, does not mean that my brain is not stimulated.  Yes, when you are watching a video, when you are scrolling through social media, when you are watching television, your brain is stimulated.  But we are not spending time with people when we are on our devices.  I am fully aware of the irony as I type this on my laptop in my room.
When I think of all of the time that I have wasted on devices over the past six months, the number is ridiculous.  I could have spent that time in other ways.  I could know a lot more about my roommate if I listened when she talked to me instead of staring at a screen and saying, "yep."  This addiction is fightable.  However, we must have help.  We must ask the people around us to say something if we are not paying attention during a conversation, or if we spend a weekend alone in dorm rooms on devices instead of out with friends.  Please pray as countless people in our society struggle with this.  Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

New RomComs Review