Disney and Nickelodeon Shows Ranked, Part 1

 I did this ranking a few months ago and decided to dig into it now, for your entertainment. *This will be a multi-part post.* Note: I will not include shows that I rarely watched or were on in the early 2000s, unless I've seen more than a few episodes. Sorry, Raven fans.

Grade A: The Suite Life of Zack and Cody/on Deck: London and Maddie's friendship was worth re-watching several episodes. The premise of kids living in a hotel is unique. I enjoyed Cody and Bailey's relationship in On Deck, so that show is included here as well. Next!

Wizards of Waverly Place: I don't know that I need to explain too much here. Selena's acting start? Plot twists? Family time?

Austin and Ally: Will they? Won't they? This show included songs in many episodes and funny friends. Though they dragged on Austin and Ally's relationship status, the show still felt fresh.

Zoey 101: Our first Nick show makes an appearance. It just celebrated 10 years! The plot revolved around normal kids attending boarding school, plus another friends-to-dating storyline. The side characters had specific interests, such as Quinn's love for science. 

Hannah Montana: Again, not much to say here. Miley and Lilly's disguise outfits were over the top and Billy Ray played the parent in many "normal" scenes.

Drake and Josh: This show sometimes left its characters hanging and didn't always tie up the episodes nicely. The writing played to both Drake and Josh's strengths, and we see an evolution of their personalities throughout the series.

iCarly: This fits well in the ranking. When I think of 2000's technology, I think of iCarly. I don't remember if the kids had cell phones or not, maybe you do. Again, there's a unique premise that sometimes deals with the pressure of fame and had side characters that weren't too crazy. 

Girl Meets World: I've written about this show on the blog before. I didn't watch much of the original show, but I like sitcoms and shows that teach you something. Maya and Riley's friendship was relatable, and their personalities also evolved as they got older.

A post for Grade B shows is coming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

New RomComs Review