Pop Culture Bits: Old Town Road, Friends, and Hannah Montana

The entertainment world moves a mile a minute. So does your life, probably. I've realized recently that I can't write in depth about every moment because there are too many. Here's a solution: a new column I'm calling Pop Culture Bits. I'll write briefly about moments that impact me and maybe share some entertainment news.

Here we go . . .

1) "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus- I realized this song was everywhere when I listened to it for the second time one night and then heard someone blasting it while picking up some young men who live nearby. I don't even know what it is that makes this song so popular. It could be because Billy Ray's rap verse isn't half bad or because he stepped in so people would put it back on the country charts. That actually happened look it up.

2) Courteney Cox on Ellen with a surprise guest- I've watched many episodes of the show Friends, so the fact that I'm writing about the actors isn't surprising. Ellen DeGeneres helps Courtney set up an Instagram picture with a copy of the couch from the Central Perk set. The video title spoils this, but Lisa Kudrow walks out next as a surprise. They make a couple of fun references to the show. It's cute.

3) Miley's Hannah look and songs- A few weeks ago, Miley Cyrus posted a few pictures of a new haircut that looked very similar to her Hannah Montana wig from the show. She also sang along with a couple of songs referencing Hannah and posted them. She hasn't talked much about her new album. Could it be she's inspired by her sound as Hannah? Could there be some "old Miley" style songs on the new album?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

Singleness and Women's Ministry