5 Artists Who Embrace Nostalgia

  1. The Jonas Brothers 2019- "Burnin' Up," "Year 3000," "When You Look Me in the Eyes," "Lovebug"
Here's a confession: When the original JB were first around, I didn't really like them. I grew to like Lines, Vines, and Trying Times and appreciated their earlier stuff nostalgically. When "Pom Poms" came out, I remember thinking, "What are you doing?" I don't like that song. Some would say I'm not a "true fan" since I wasn't there from the beginning. I'm definitely ready for this comeback. We're all older, and it will be fun to see how they view the world through music this time around.
I was disappointed that they only sang part of "Burnin' Up" on Carpool Karaoke. It would have been fun to hear Nick's "red dress" lyric live. The lyrics to "Year 3000" are silly. I wasn't as familiar with "When You Look Me in the Eyes" before this video, but I was motivated to watch the music video afterward. It's a very sweet ballad. "Lovebug" is a fan favorite. The switch in the middle from pop to rock is still surprising. 

     2. Jesse McCartney 2018- "Leavin'" and "Beautiful Soul"

I was too young to be into Jesse when he first started doing music. I remember thinking "Beautiful Soul" was meant to be a religious song. He's recently performed both songs live acoustically, and he can still hit those high notes. He seems very relaxed during his performances.

    3. David Archuleta 2017- Medley from his first album

He's still got those pipes! I listened to his first album over and over in my room as a middle schooler. Songs like "My Hands" have these high bridges, and he nails them. David also seems to really enjoy performing these songs.

   4. Demi Lovato 2014- "This Is Me" and "Wouldn't Change a Thing" featuring Joe Jonas

In the video I watched for the second song, the crowd lost it when Joe walked on stage. They added rifts and really showed off how their voices have grown since last singing this song live in 2010.

Honorable Mention: O-Town 2016-2018 - "All or Nothing"

This is an honorable mention because their whole MY2KTour was only old songs. I first heard this song on a Ms Mojo video about best boy bands. Even if you look up their most recent performance (despite the fact that the band now only has four members, not five), they pretty much sound the same. They're still really talented and have wide vocal ranges.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting, Not Dating Narrative

High School Musical Songs Ranked, Part 1

Review of Riverdale "The Ides of March" and "How to Get Away with Murder"

New RomComs Review